Teaching English Thru Action
Teaching English Through Action
by Berty Segal Cook
A comprehensive guide of 102 English lesson plans implementing the TPR (Total Physical Response) approach to teaching language. An excellent tool for teaching beginning and intermediate students of ANY age level. Ten thematic units contain the essential vocabulary needed for survival and success in English.
Each of the 10 thematic units contains:
- A target vocabulary list for the unit.
- 7 to 14 detailed lesson plans with review commands, new commands in the lesson and sample novel commands based on the new vocabulary in the lesson. Clear guidelines for conducting the lessons are provided. Vocabulary development is carefully controlled.
- A review lesson at the end of the unit. Review lessons are also used as tests.
- Record of Mastery a grid for recording mastery (or need for further review) accompanies each review lesson. Provides a record of each student s progress and is helpful for reporting to parents, principal, etc.
- A teacher s manual for the student book (We Learn English Through Action) is included in this teacher s book, with extensive guidelines, ideas and samples.
*Bulk discounts: School districts, schools, bookstores & distributors please contact us at email@example.com or 510-524-1191.